Deliciously healthy! And so easy to make. Gluten-free, refined sugar-free and Paleo, and vegan option as well. A great nourishing energy booster. Enjoy as snack, dessert or breakfast.
– 1.5 cups of mashed sweet potato (Boil and remove skin and mash)
– 3 eggs whisked (for vegan version replace with 3 Tbsp Irish moss gel and 1 tbs of flaxseed meal
– 1 teasp of vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup cold pressed virgin coconut oil
– 4 Tsp raw cacao powder
– 20 gms of dark chocolate melted (if you prefer the taste of roasted cacao beans)
– 4 Tbsp of coconut flour (dehydrate fresh grated coconut and dry blend in a Vitamix)
-1/4 teasp baking powder (without Aluminium oxide)
– 1/4 teasp cinnamon powder
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
– 1 Tbs coconut palm sugar or honey (can omit as sweet potato is sweet)
- Use fresh sweet potato. Mix mash with whisked eggs
- Add all other ingredients and stir well
- Place in greased square cake lined with waxed paper and bake for 15-20 mins at 200C for 5 mins and reduce to 180 C for the rest of time.
Cool before you cut into bite size squares. YUMMY!